SDX files in ArcMap 10.3

Jump to solution
02-12-2015 09:28 AM
AlexPerez
New Contributor III

I'm relatively new to SDE and have been handed a stack of SDX (SDE backup) files to load into our SQL Geodatabase.  I cannot find documentation to do this in 10.3.  I've tried SDEIMPORT (pre-10.3) but am not having any luck.  If someone could just point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The command-line utilities 'sdeexport' and 'sdeimport' were deprecated at 10.2 and are not present at all in 10.3.  There is no means to read these files at ArcGIS 10.3.

If you have access to ArcGIS Server 10.2 media you can import into a 10.2 database then copy to a 10.3 instance using supported means.  Without a 10.2 build available, you really don't have many options beyond asking the data provider to give you file geodatabase instead (there's many benefits to using FGDB over SDX, including support for most geodatabase functionality, which the SDE tools could never provide).

- V

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The command-line utilities 'sdeexport' and 'sdeimport' were deprecated at 10.2 and are not present at all in 10.3.  There is no means to read these files at ArcGIS 10.3.

If you have access to ArcGIS Server 10.2 media you can import into a 10.2 database then copy to a 10.3 instance using supported means.  Without a 10.2 build available, you really don't have many options beyond asking the data provider to give you file geodatabase instead (there's many benefits to using FGDB over SDX, including support for most geodatabase functionality, which the SDE tools could never provide).

- V