Blank webappbuilder page when starting node.js

Jump to solution
02-11-2015 10:48 AM
DouglasGuess
Occasional Contributor

I’ll set the stage…  within my AGOL for Organizations account, I created a Web Map (name: GIS Viewer - which is the web map I’m using within my Web AppBuilder application).  I downloaded the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) and went through the initial “Get Started” page (https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/getstarted.htm ).  I started Node.js (which spawned Web AppBuilder in browser), specified my portal (AGOL for Org. url), and was then prompted for an App ID.  After some reading, I created a Web Mapping Application in AGOL (name: GIS Viewer_WAB) and Registered the app and set the redirect URI’s, then copied the App ID into the text box within the Web AppBuilder.  Everything worked fine for a while.

Now, within AGOL, the Web Mapping Application (GIS Viewer_WAB) was deleted.  I deleted it because I was having some issues with basemaps and thought it was the app and wanted to start from scratch.  I thought I could delete it and create a new one, register that app in AGOL and then update the App ID in the signininfo.json file located within the  \arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.0\server folder on my machine. Now, when I start Node.js, the Web AppBuilder page within the browser is blank. 

Anyone have some thoughts on what could/should be done to be able to view the stemapp again via Node.js?

Thanks,

Doug

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DouglasGuess
Occasional Contributor

I was able to start a new WAB folder and copy the site.  Now when I start node.js, all is good!  Thanks Rebecca and Robert for your input!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Doug,

You can basically reset WAB by deleting the contents in the server\db folder.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Some suggestions can be found Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed

I have some hints about refreshing the WAB and creating and connecting to the app Id.  As Robert suggested, sometimes it's easier to just start up a new WAB folder.  But you should also be able to copy the site you setup, and not lose the work you did.

DouglasGuess
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replying Robert.  Ok, within my server\db folder I see apps and repoitems.  I deleted those two files, restarted Node.js and I'm still getting a blank WAB page (http://[local machine]:3344/webappbuilder/

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Doug,

Try renaming the signininfo.json to signininfo__.json and try to start WAB again.

AndrewParnell
New Contributor II

This solution worked for me rather than clearing out the db folder. Can you tell me why?

Many thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

which comment worked for you?

0 Kudos
AndrewParnell
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes your solution with the renaming signininfo.json to signininfo__.json

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

I am actually not sure why this happens. But renaming (or you could just delete it) the signininfo.json forces WAB to require you to re-approve the app with AGOL.

AndrewParnell
New Contributor II

It's very odd as the contents appear identical in the two files as well.

Thanks for your help!

Andrew

0 Kudos