Cannot publish Composite Locator to ArcGIS Server 10.2.2

Jump to solution
02-11-2015 08:05 AM
NenadKnezevic
New Contributor II

I am unable to publish a composite locator from a 10.0 SP5 ArcSDE Geodatabase (Oracle) to ArcGIS Server 10.2.2. To narrow down the problem I created a fresh composite locator with only one component locator to keep it as simple as possible. I am able to successfully publish the component locator but not the composite.

When publishing, the packaging is successful and then at the very end of the process I get the message "Failed to publish service". In the ArcGIS Server logs I get the errors below:

Failed to create the service.: ERROR: code:404, Could not find resource or operation 'Composite_Address_Streets.GeocodeServer' on the system., No resource could be found at that address.   

Error executing tool.: ERROR 001487: Failed to update the published service with the server-side data location. Please see the server's log for more details. ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition). 

I am however able to create the .sd file. If I try to upload it to server using the Upload Service Definition GP tool I get the same error as above.

A few more notes:

I am publishing the service through the "owner" connection to SDE so the privileges should not be an issue. Also, the component locator is referenced in the composite via the owner connection as well.

I have registered the SDE data source correctly and do not get any suspicious messages during the analysis step. The only message is that the composite locator will be copied to the server which is normal since they are always copied to the server.

I am able to publish the same composite locator with a copy of the data from a 10.2 file geodatabase so it looks like it's just an SDE/ArcGIS 10.2.2 issue.

I have also posted the same question on GIS StackExchange so you can answer there if you prefer.

Cannot publish Composite Locator to ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exch...

Thanks,

N

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Hi Nenad,

Apologies for getting back to you so late on this one but I just wanted to clarify this in case someone else might still run into this.

This is a known issue/defect when trying to publish a composite locator from an SDE to ArcGIS Server 10.2.x. As you found out, the workaround is to move the composite locator as well as the participating address locators to a file gdb.

This has been corrected in ArcGIS for Server 10.3 and latest.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FredericWalter
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've got exactly the same issue. Thanks to this post​, i found a workaround. To create my geocode service, i used this kind of service description JSON String:

{

"serviceName": "yourservicename",

"type": "GeocodeServer",

"description": "",

"capabilities": "Geocode,ReverseGeocode",

"clusterName": "default",

"minInstancesPerNode": 1,

"maxInstancesPerNode": 1,

"instancesPerContainer": 1,

"maxWaitTime": 60,

"maxStartupTime": 300,

"maxIdleTime": 1800,

"maxUsageTime": 600,

"loadBalancing": "ROUND_ROBIN",

"isolationLevel": "HIGH",

"configuredState": "STARTED",

"recycleInterval": 24,

"recycleStartTime": "00:00",

"keepAliveInterval": 1800,

"private": false,

"isDefault": false,

"maxUploadFileSize": 0,

"allowedUploadFileTypes": "",

"properties": {

"outputDir": "youroutputdir",

"virtualOutputDir": "/rest/directories/arcgisoutput",

"locator": "yourlocatorname",

"suggestedBatchSize": "1000",

"minScale": "-1",

"textAntialiasingMode": "Force",

"antialiasingMode": "None",

"maxScale": "-1",

"maxResultSize": "500",

"LocatorWorkspaceConnectionString": "yourconnectionstring",

"maxBatchSize": "1000"

},

"extensions": [],

"datasets": []

}

For the "locatorworkspaceconnectionstring", i used the one i created in "Data Storage" in ArcGIS Servre Manager

Hope it helps

0 Kudos
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor

I have been trying to use your work around and it keeps failing for me.  I have 10.2.2 installed, I coppied my locators to the server and then used this code to try creating a service but I get a useless failure message.

{

"serviceName": "CompositLocator",

"type": "GeocodeServer",

"description": "",

"capabilities": "Geocode,ReverseGeocode",

"clusterName": "default",

"minInstancesPerNode": 1,

"maxInstancesPerNode": 1,

"instancesPerContainer": 1,

"maxWaitTime": 60,

"maxStartupTime": 300,

"maxIdleTime": 1800,

"maxUsageTime": 600,

"loadBalancing": "ROUND_ROBIN",

"isolationLevel": "HIGH",

"configuredState": "STARTED",

"recycleInterval": 24,

"recycleStartTime": "00:00",

"keepAliveInterval": 1800,

"private": false,

"isDefault": false,

"maxUploadFileSize": 0,

"allowedUploadFileTypes": "",

"properties": {

"outputDir": "c:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput\Locators",

"virtualOutputDir": "/rest/directories/arcgisoutput",

"locator": "CompositLocator",

"suggestedBatchSize": "1000",

"minScale": "-1",

"textAntialiasingMode": "Force",

"antialiasingMode": "None",

"maxScale": "-1",

"maxResultSize": "500",

"LocatorWorkspacePath": "c:\arcgisserver\addresslocator",

"maxBatchSize": "1000"

},

"extensions": [],

"datasets": []

}

thoughts?

0 Kudos
ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Hi Nenad,

Apologies for getting back to you so late on this one but I just wanted to clarify this in case someone else might still run into this.

This is a known issue/defect when trying to publish a composite locator from an SDE to ArcGIS Server 10.2.x. As you found out, the workaround is to move the composite locator as well as the participating address locators to a file gdb.

This has been corrected in ArcGIS for Server 10.3 and latest.