Photo orientation symbology

Jump to solution
02-09-2015 03:44 PM
MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

I have a feeling this is probably an easy question but I am in a rush to figure it out so I was hoping you guys could help me out

Is there a way to automate the symbology for the orientation of a photo point based upon the directionality of which the photo was taken when bringing geo-tagged photos into arcmap. For instance I want an arrow to face North at 0 degrees, Northeast at 45, East at 90 etc....  but I want the arrows to orient them selves based upon the degrees.

Thanks,

matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

You could change orientation the symbology of the point files, thus generated from Geotagged photos to points.

First, fill a field with the values of direction (0-360). Take Arrow up as the symbol for the points. Then go to Layer Properties > Symbology > Symbol (Click AdvancedRotation).

Rotate points by value in this field > Drop-down to select the field . Select Geographic radio-button.

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

You could change orientation the symbology of the point files, thus generated from Geotagged photos to points.

First, fill a field with the values of direction (0-360). Take Arrow up as the symbol for the points. Then go to Layer Properties > Symbology > Symbol (Click AdvancedRotation).

Rotate points by value in this field > Drop-down to select the field . Select Geographic radio-button.

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos
MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

I have been meaning to thank you for your quick response. I figured I was missing something simple.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos