Calculate Field

Jump to solution
02-09-2015 03:59 AM
Labels (2)
TornikeSamkharadze
New Contributor II

I'm trying to calculate field in the C_feature classes. Label_Txt field.
I defined a query but i can't define an expression because there isn't any field to expression.... 

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hello Tornike,

Thank you for attaching the screenshots of the Layer Properties and Expression Parser dialogs.

Please try the following:

1. For SQL Statement, click the drop-down and select Edit SQL Statement and the Query Builder dialog is launched.
  2. On the Query Builder dialog, under Fields, select the field that will participate in your expression.
  3. On the Query Builder dialog, click Add to SELECT.
  4. On the Query Builder Dialog, click OK and the Query Builder dialog is dismissed.
  5. For Expression, click the drop-down and select Edit Expression and the Expression Parser dialog is launched.
  6. On the Expression Parser dialog, do you see the parameter that you want to have participate in your expression?

Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hello Tornike,

Thank you for attaching the screenshots of the Layer Properties and Expression Parser dialogs.

Please try the following:

1. For SQL Statement, click the drop-down and select Edit SQL Statement and the Query Builder dialog is launched.
  2. On the Query Builder dialog, under Fields, select the field that will participate in your expression.
  3. On the Query Builder dialog, click Add to SELECT.
  4. On the Query Builder Dialog, click OK and the Query Builder dialog is dismissed.
  5. For Expression, click the drop-down and select Edit Expression and the Expression Parser dialog is launched.
  6. On the Expression Parser dialog, do you see the parameter that you want to have participate in your expression?

Regards,

Dan

TornikeSamkharadze
New Contributor II

Hello Dan,
Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
Your answer really  helped me.

0 Kudos