WebApp Builder Print Widget error more than 2 services

02-05-2015 11:15 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have configured the Print Widget to print secured services with WebApp Builder. The tool works fine except that it will print only when there is no more than two services showing in the map. When I select more than two services  I have the "Error, Try again" message.

Did someone encountered that error and found how to get around it?

Thank you!

Line Champagne

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Line,

I have a similar issue, although with no solution sorry.

I am using Web App Builder Beta 3 developer version, downloading and deploying on an IIS server.

I published a Print Service of my own which works fine within the web app builder itself. But then as soon as I try to launch the application, either from the Web App Builder main menu (Launch icon), or deploy to IIS and access it via the web, the print service just comes up immediately with that error: "Error, Try Again."

The error that is captured by the ArcGIS server log is: 'Internal Server Error. Error handling service request : Request type is not supported. 'Execute' asynchronous GP service.'

For me it doesn't appear to be related to the number of services.

If anyone has any idea what is going on, please let us know.

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

I had a similar problem with printing secured services in WAB. What comes up in you log file? Did you create a userconnection in ArcCatalog to the ArcGIS Server instance providing the wanted secured services? You should also set that userconncetion in the secured Printing Service tool. That did it for me.

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Quick answer, I've started writing up a Tips document for custom printing....but this may help for now.

• § In parameters, make sure Execution Mode is Synchronous.  The tutorial says you can change to Async for longer jobs, but if you have secure services you are printing, this does not seem to work.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rebecca - thanks for your input. Making that change appears to have made it work.

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
BobNoyes
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever complete your tips document for custom printing? If so, I would love to get a copy. Currently

we are experiencing a large percent of our print request getting the "Error, try again" message. It also won't print if there is a tool opened. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andre - thanks for your input, Rebecca's answer seems to be the fix.

cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glad it worked Paul. 

Line Champagne‌  See if my response works for you too (if you haven't already solved your issue). If it does, please mark it as so, so other can find it easier.

0 Kudos