AnsweredAssumed Answered

Export Data Driven Pages to PDF without a file Prefix

Question asked by compassland on Feb 4, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 by compassland

Im trying to export data driven pages (Mapbook) and have the resulting PDF named for a/the index field.  Here's the code snippit I am working on:

mport arcpy  print "Setting Map Document. . ."  mxd = arcpy.mapping.MapDocument("CURRENT")  for pageNum in range(1, mxd.dataDrivenPages.pageCount + 1):      mxd.dataDrivenPages.currentPageID = pageNum        pageName = mxd.dataDrivenPages.pageRow.stand_key       print "Exporting page {0} of {1}".format(str(mxd.dataDrivenPages.currentPageID), str (mxd.dataDrivenPages.pageCount))      arcpy.mapping.ExportToPDF(mxd, r"D:\Temp\Test" + str(pageName) + ".pdf")  del mxd

This works just fine, but "Test" is a prefix of the filename.  If i remove the "Test" and have and make the code like this below...it doesn't work.  Just to be clear I need the individually exported PDF page to be named for the value of str(pageName)

import arcpy ... print "Setting Map Document. . ." ... mxd = arcpy.mapping.MapDocument("CURRENT") ... for pageNum in range(1, mxd.dataDrivenPages.pageCount + 1): ...     mxd.dataDrivenPages.currentPageID = pageNum   ...     pageName = mxd.dataDrivenPages.pageRow.stand_key  ...     print "Exporting page {0} of {1}".format(str(mxd.dataDrivenPages.currentPageID), str (mxd.dataDrivenPages.pageCount)) ...     arcpy.mapping.ExportToPDF(mxd, r"D:\Temp" + str(pageName) + ".pdf") ... del mxd

Should I be using something other than arcpy.mapping.ExportToPDF?  Other Solution?

Should

Outcomes