Blank combine raster ouputs

Jump to solution
02-02-2015 11:43 PM
fahiemadaniels
New Contributor II

Any one have any ideas as to why when i combine rasters (about 10-15) my output is a blank raster and attribute table. When I use the  mozaic raster option it works, but then I don't have the multiple columns with the information from each raster.  Any thoughts?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Combine, assumes that the spatial location of the rasters share the same footprint.  Combine produces a unique set of combinations of the rasters the image unfortunately shows 2 rasters side by side rather than stacked one on top of the other.  You do want one of the mosaic options ensuring that you specify the output to be the union of the inputs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fahiema,

Try working with Raster Catalog in a geodatabase.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Combine, assumes that the spatial location of the rasters share the same footprint.  Combine produces a unique set of combinations of the rasters the image unfortunately shows 2 rasters side by side rather than stacked one on top of the other.  You do want one of the mosaic options ensuring that you specify the output to be the union of the inputs.

fahiemadaniels
New Contributor II

Thanks All, makes sense, all my data do not have the same footprint, its probably why they keep on coming out looking strange. will stick to the mosaic option and try the raster catalog as well.

0 Kudos