1 year student trial

01-30-2015 04:02 PM
RogerStifmore
New Contributor

I have completed the download for ArcGIS10.2, when I click on ArcMap, I get an error that says " Could not connect to an ArcGIS license manager running host "Not_Set" . Could someone please provide me with better insight on this matter? Email response is preferred. wgregora@lakeheadu.ca. Thank you in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnneGuzkowski
Esri Contributor

Hi Roger,

I found this answer from another thread on GeoNet (the License Difficulty - Student Membership discussion):

This means that your software is set up to retrieve a license from a License Server, but the address of the server is not set. Given that you have a trial, it is unlikely that it is for a concurrent license (served from a server). Instead, you need to tell ArcGIS for Desktop to look for the license on your computer.

To do this, go to Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator then pick the "Desktop" folder from the folder tree. You will then want to pick the Single Use license you have received and click OK. As long as you authorized your software properly on install, you should now be able to open the software.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

If you open ArcGIS Administrator, Click Desktop you will see License Manager is set to Not_Set.  Click change and change this to your computer.

0 Kudos