Error when configuring two web adaptors with Portal

01-29-2015 01:48 PM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

I have two (load-balanced) web servers (IIS).  I installed Web Adaptor 10.3 on each, ensuring everything was the same (bindings, website name, etc.).  The website on each is "mapping.mydomain.com" and the virtual directory is "gis" so to get to the Web Adaptor configuration page I would go to https://mapping.mydomain.com/gis/webadaptor and I am presented with the ability to register a server or portal. 

I have one Portal machine with Portal 10.3 installed.  My problem is I am not able to register each web adaptor with the portal.  I can only register one of them.  If I register WebAdaptor 1 with Portal, I can't register 2.  If I then unregister 1 and try to register WebAdaptor 2 with Portal, it works, but then I am unable to register WebAdaptor 1.

I receive the following error:

"Unable to configure Portal with the Web Adaptor. Please make sure that that the Portal machine is running and that the account specified has administrative privileges to the Portal."

It's not a problem with either of the individual Web Adaptors because I can register each one as long as the other isn't registered.  I just can't do  both.  Any suggestions here, since I'm trying to integrate a single portal machine with our existing load-balanced web servers?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

A thought: is it possibly that Portal doesn't like to have two registered Web Adaptors on different machines, but with the name URL (in my case, mapping.mydomain.com).  If I changed one to mapping2, I might be able to register the second Adaptor, but if that's the case, how do I integrate Portal with my high availability / load balanced web cluster?

0 Kudos