AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with Zonal Statistics as Table

Question asked by CyanBC on Jan 28, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 by CyanBC

Win 8.1, ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.2.2

I have been unable to process Zonal Statistics as Table for any dataset thus far. I come up with error after error. Most of the time it is "The name of the Field is invalid" or "Unable to build raster attribute table". I am also unable to build a raster attribute table for any raster which does not already have one. Is there some known problem with this tool?

I got some example datasets that have been used as lessons for how to use the tool, to see if it was just my data.

http://giswin.geo.tsukuba.ac.jp/sis/tutorial/koko/zonalstatistics/ZonalStatistics.pdf

I can confirm that "Zonal Statistics" will otherwise work If the raster already has an attribute table (not one I built). Otherwise I always get the error "Unable to build the attribute table... required by operation" If I use a shape file, or raster I create from a shapefile.

I cannot figure this out. I've tried to process this with small toy datasets to limit errors, Tried background processing off/on, Tried it in ArcCatalog. I re-install ArcGIs and Arc 64bit background processing. I've tried it in a Python script. I cannot get it to work.

The only time "Zonal Statistics" will work is when I have a raster with an already built attribute table, but oddly "Zonal Statistics as Table" will not work even in that case.

Any advice?

Outcomes