Call function in href from infoWindow

01-28-2015 03:36 PM
StephenFricke
New Contributor III

I want to put either an href link or a button in a infoWindow in one of my javascript mobile apps.  The info window tells the cell value of a feature layer that is clicked on.  Then I have added an infoWindow that calls a functions which should run a geoprocessing task.  The problem is the link cannot seem to find the function no matter where I put it in my code.  I am getting an error "Uncaught ReferenceError: MyFunction is not defined.  Is it not possible to call a javascript function from an infoWindow?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you seen this sample that contains a link to a function in a infoWindow?

StephenFricke
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Ken, I did see that sample, but was unable to figure out how to get that link into my infoWindow just by looking at the code.  I am able to get an href link into my infoWindow, but I am not certain why the href link isn't able to call any functions within my javascript.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you post your code?

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

If it helps, I do this in one of my applications. The infoWindow appears and has two buttons that the user can click which fires off a function that generates a report. Here's the entire function for the content of my infoWindow:

function SetSwmPopupInfo(graphic) {

var fullAttr = graphic.attributes;

var rptParam, content, theProjID, theTipType;

var theCipID = fullAttr.ProjectNo;

rptParam = "'" + graphic.attributes.OBJECTID + ',' + graphic.geometry.type + ',' + "SWM" + "'";

rptProjectName = graphic.attributes.ProjTitle;

if (theCipID.length > 1) {

theProjID = fullAttr.ProjectNo;

} else {

theProjID = "Unknown";

}

content = '<table width=\"100%\"><tr><td valign=\'top\' style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">Project Name:</td><td valign=\'top\' style=\"padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">' + fullAttr.ProjTitle + '</td></tr>';

content = content + '<tr><td valign=\'top\' style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">CIP Project ID:</td><td valign=\'top\' style=\"padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">' + theProjID + '</td></tr>';

content = content + '<tr><td valign=\'top\' style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">Type of Project:</td><td valign=\'top\' style=\"padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">' + fullAttr.Category.toProperCase() + '</td></tr>';

content = content + '<tr><td colspan=\"2\" align=\"center\"><br/><button id=\"reportButton\" type=\"button\" onclick=\"getTractProjectReport(' + rptParam + ')\">View a Summary Demographic Report  (Census Tract Level)</button></td></tr>';

content = content + '<tr><td colspan=\"2\" align=\"center\"><button id=\"reportBlockButton\" type=\"button\" onclick=\"getBlockProjectReport(' + rptParam + ')\">View a Summary Demographic Report  (Block Group Level)</button></td></tr></table>';

return content;

}

Make sure the function you are trying to call is located within the function of your AMD requires:

require(["esri/map""], function("Map") {

//Place your called function inside and at the end of this space

});

0 Kudos