convert dem from meters to feet?

01-27-2015 09:39 AM
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor

working on a state plane map, and have added a dem for the county. Can someone tell me how to have the elevation meters converted to feet? Thanks for any help you can give.

MKH

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the reply, but I only have a standard license. Can't use spatial analysis.

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You can do this using Python by converting the raster into numpy array. In case it is large, see the second example on the same page that handles larger raster datasets: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

No Spatial Analyst extension required.

DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

You can run Raster to ASCII, load/modify spaced-delimited file in spreadsheet software (Excel, perhaps), then convert back to raster with ASCII to Raster. No Arc licensing required.

* Xander's Python solution will avoid most of the file conversion glitches and headaches, though.

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If you have more than 16384 columns in your raster, Excel won't do it for you..., but I like the creativity of the answer.

MikeCusi
Occasional Contributor II

or you can run Raster to point, add a column/attribute to the point feature class, calculate the elevation, then convert it back using Point to raster with the appropriate value field and using the original DEM as a snap raster/source for the pixel size.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is this resolved? If so you have the opportunity to add Helpful tags and/or close it with an Answered.  In this way others can gain from the advice.  I took the opportunity to add tags.  You may edit them and/or add to them if appropriate.

JerryBartz
Occasional Contributor

Using ArcPRO, the Rastercalculator will work. The expression is "Raster.tif'*3.2808.