Issues with ArcGIS Online Custom Geolocators in Embedded Map on Mobile Device

Jump to solution
01-23-2015 01:03 PM
Kathleen_Crombez
Occasional Contributor III

I uploaded custom geolocators on our ArcGIS Online Portal in the Utilites section.

I built a simple map and used the embed in website option and selected the checkbox to use geolocating services.

The custom locator search works fine on a desktop browser.

However, when I test my sample site on a mobile device the down arrow to select the preferred locator does not appear and typing in a known location never finds any results.

Is this a known bug? Or is the embed in website option not optimized for mobile browsers?

Any insight on this issue would be help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathleen_Crombez

Kelly,

I was originally confused by your reply because we removed the default locator and added two of our own custom locators. So I'm not certain why the default locator is still being exposed through our organization.

But it appears the issue was that we did not have the organization set to allow anonymous access. Once I set anonymous access both locators are working as expected in all the environments I had issues with previously.

Thank you for your help.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Kathleen,

Are you consuming the web map in a browser on a mobile device or in a specific application? Can you share the problematic web map?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Kathleen_Crombez

Kelly Gerrow,

This is just a test website...

http://www.maps.ccgisc.org/test/

A sample address location:

204 s urbana ave

A sample intersection location:

main and poplar

The locators and the widget works fine on a desktop in a internet explorer.

Just tested... the widget does not provide a drop down to select the locator type and all searches return "location not found" on a desktop in firefox and chrome.

The same thing happens in all mobile web browsers that I have tested so far.

(However they do work in a custom mobile application we are developing)

Thanks,

Kathleen

0 Kudos
Kathleen_Crombez

This post has already been view 197 times so I assume others are having this same problem.

Is there anyone at ESRI that can comment on this issue?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Kathleen,

I just tested this and looks like a bug. I have a fix for this that will be in the next release of ArcGIS Online.

Kelly

Kathleen_Crombez

Thank you Kelly Hutchins‌ for the reply!

I will look forward to this fix in the next release!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Just wanted to add to this that while I do have a fix for the issue where the input address doesn't return a value the dropdown for multiple locators will only appear if they are defined in your organization and if your organization allows anonymous access. If I look at the details for the ccgisc org only the default geocoder is defined:

0 Kudos
Kathleen_Crombez

Kelly,

I was originally confused by your reply because we removed the default locator and added two of our own custom locators. So I'm not certain why the default locator is still being exposed through our organization.

But it appears the issue was that we did not have the organization set to allow anonymous access. Once I set anonymous access both locators are working as expected in all the environments I had issues with previously.

Thank you for your help.

Kathleen