AnsweredAssumed Answered

Another way to load MPK Files, several instances of RuntimeLocalServer.exe  are loaded

Question asked by tapatio.ca on Jan 22, 2015

Hi everyone,

Actually we have some mpk files that are loaded in a WPF  VB.net application using the  LocalMapService class  as follows:

For i = 0 To MyMpkFiles.Count - 1

LocalMapService.GetServiceAsync(MyMpkFiles(i).Path, Function(localMapService__1)

_MapService = localMapService__1

DataContext = Me

Tag = "HQ"

IsBusy = False

End Function)

Next

The problem for us is that for every Mpk file a RuntimeLocalServer.exe instance is loaded in memory. We have deployed that vb.net application in a Citrix Server, so for every user connection we have 3 instances of that local server running every time the map is loaded.

Questions:

1) Is this a normal behavior or is due the way the mpks are loaded ?
2) Is there another way to load that files without having several instances of that service

Outcomes