Maps and Apps Gallery failing

Jump to solution
01-20-2015 04:49 PM
MarkTurnbull
New Contributor III

Hi

I have added the maps and apps gallery to my content from the AGOL configurable apps. I have configured the gallery to present users with documents they have access to through group membership.

I have found that the app more often than not fails to get any items. I have determined that the http://<AGOL Org url>/sharing/rest/search?num=100&start=0&sortField=title&sortOrder=desc&q=(<group json>)... request is sometimes passing a token parameter and value (which returns items) but most of the time it does not have a token parameter , in which case it fails.

Is this just a configuration issue or a bug?

If it is a configuration issue, can I correct the issue through the templates configuration capabilities or do I have to download the source and host the gallery in my own environment? The gallery is only intended to be used within the AGOL organisation, so I wouldn't think I would publish it back to the AGOl configurable apps.

Thanks

Mark

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CorySmith2
New Contributor II

Thanks for the follow-up, Mark.  It looks like it is a known issue that has been addressed recently, but the fix has not been pushed out to ArcGIS.com yet.

Only public items visible in Chrome and IE9 · Issue #155 · Esri/map-and-app-gallery-template · GitHu...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark,

I would suggest talking to Technical Support to see if this is specific to this application. Is this specific to any browsers or can it be reproduced on all browsers?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
CorySmith2
New Contributor II

Was this ever resolved?  I am seeing the same behavior in an ArcGIS Online Organization account.  The other gallery templates display our content fine ( the Public Gallery and Map Carousel templates) and I can see that they are submitting a token.  However, the Maps and Apps Gallery is not submitting a token, and therefore does not return any results.

0 Kudos
MarkTurnbull
New Contributor III

Hi Cory, we ended up building our own custom gallery to overcome the problem. I didn't end up logging a support call.

0 Kudos
CorySmith2
New Contributor II

Thanks for the follow-up, Mark.  It looks like it is a known issue that has been addressed recently, but the fix has not been pushed out to ArcGIS.com yet.

Only public items visible in Chrome and IE9 · Issue #155 · Esri/map-and-app-gallery-template · GitHu...

0 Kudos