Separate Label Weight Rankings for Individual Graphics

Jump to solution
01-15-2015 01:00 PM
DavidLehrke
New Contributor III

I want to use separate label weight rankings for two different graphic polygons.  One is to be used as the data frame border so it's Label weight should be 'None' and a 2nd polygon is specifically to block out labels in a specific region that is inside the data frame.  However, as far as I can tell graphics polygons are basically classified as a single layer <default> and can't have separate label weight rankings.  Am I mistaken?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

One way around this is to put each graphic into its own annoatation group.

Go to the data frame properties dialog, Annotation Groups tab and create a new group. Then copy and paste one of the graphics into the new group; then delete the original graphic so you don't have duplicates. Or just use cut and paste to avoid needing to delete the original after pasting.

Alternatively, you might want to do this with the Draw toolbar. From that toolbar you can also create new annotation groups, and you can set the active annotation target (that is, which annoatation group any paste or drawing will occur in).

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

One way around this is to put each graphic into its own annoatation group.

Go to the data frame properties dialog, Annotation Groups tab and create a new group. Then copy and paste one of the graphics into the new group; then delete the original graphic so you don't have duplicates. Or just use cut and paste to avoid needing to delete the original after pasting.

Alternatively, you might want to do this with the Draw toolbar. From that toolbar you can also create new annotation groups, and you can set the active annotation target (that is, which annoatation group any paste or drawing will occur in).

I hope that helps!

0 Kudos