ArcGIS Online Basemap Selector Tool Activation

01-13-2015 12:02 PM
JimJolley
New Contributor

A map was created called AFC Field and is available to everyone.  Many layers have been added from GIS services.  However, when the map is used in ArcGIS on an Android device (Samsung Galaxy 5S), there is not a basemap selector tool available to choose the layers that were added.  Properties for AFC Field were edited to ensure the tool was activated and the basemap selector tool box was checked.  The AFC Field was re-saved to make sure changes took effect.  Previously the basemap selector tool was available for AFC Field, but the links were broken for the layers due to a server replacement.  Does anyone have any advice on how to get the basemap selector tool to work again?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidBlanchard
Esri Contributor

When editing the Web Map Item properties, have you made sure the "Basemap Selector" option is selected?

0 Kudos
JimJolley
New Contributor

David,

Thank you for answering my message. The “Basemap Selector” option was selected. Something I found out today. The map (AFC Field) was opened in ArcGIS on a Motorola RAZR Maxx. The “Basemap Selector” (three dots at the bottom middle) was present and functioned correctly. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy 5S and the “Basemap Selector” does not work on it. The Maxx is older and I suspect the operating system is different from the Samsung. So, I think it may be an operating system issue. The people in my agency who use ArcGIS have a Motorola RAZR Maxx, Ultra, or Droid Maxx except for one person. We can get by unless more Samsungs are purchased. However, if you know why Samsungs do not allow the “Basemap Selector”, then please let me know. Thanks again. Jim

0 Kudos
DavidBlanchard
Esri Contributor

If you are using the stock browsers on the Samsung devices, you should try Chrome for Android or Firefox. The stock browsers aren't always the best. Otherwise, it could be a spacing issue, if the resolution is smaller on the Samsung device, the basemap selector may be hidden to make room for other elements.

0 Kudos
JimJolley
New Contributor

David,

We are using the ArcGIS app downloaded from Play Stor. I have not thought about using the link on a browser. I tried changing the display to Standard, but that did not help. I may try another Display setting. Thanks. Jim

0 Kudos