AnsweredAssumed Answered

Standard python module ImportError in Geoprocessing Service

Question asked by clint.dow on Jan 12, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 by jon.morris

Hello,

I have recently created a geoprocessing service on ArcGIS server (10.3). When attempting to run this service, it fails almost immediately. Upon checking in the log files, I am getting an ImportError, specifically:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "B:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\ConfirmationSampling.GPServer\extracted\v101\webapp\confirmation_sampling.py", line 63, in import json ImportError: No module named json Failed to execute (ConfirmationSampling). Failed to execute (ConfirmationSampling).

However, json is a standard python module and should be included in python without having to install a module, to my knowledge. I have tried to import it in the interpreters installed on the system and they have no problem doing so. Is there some python installation that ArcGIS server uses that I have to explicitly install this module for? If so can someone please tell me where it is, or link me to relevant documentation on this topic? I have been unsuccessful finding anything so far.

Outcomes