WAB Related Tables Support

01-12-2015 04:07 PM
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

I have related tables working in AGO.  Which is pretty neat.  See this link on how to do it:

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-pop-ups.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_09B2E0D220724...

Once this functionality has been created in an AGO map can it be used in the out of the box WAB??   It doesn't appear like it when I load my AGO map into the WAB.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your input!

Tags (2)
10 Replies
WarrenMedernach

Hi Frank,

Did you ever discover anything more with this related tables issue?

I really want to try the WAB Chart widget, but I cannot seem to access the related data like you can in a map on AGOL?

Thanks,
Warren

0 Kudos
FrankRoberts

I was told by Esri yesterday that this functionality is added in the next version of the WAB to be released any day now.  As of today it has not been released so I can not verify it.

WarrenMedernach

Thanks Robert, I wasn't even aware that a new version was close.

W.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-xm1nmvw2ZKoH
New Contributor II

This functionality was released this week, so you should be able to view related tables using WAB right now. It's working for me both in the pop-up and in the table.

ArcGIS Online | What's New - March 2015

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

True it is released for AGOL users but the Web AppBuilder Developer version is not yet released with this update and Portal users are still behind by two versions now.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-xm1nmvw2ZKoH
New Contributor II

Oh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
BrendaRahal1
New Contributor

Related tables are now supported in the WAB 'out-of-the-box' as of the release a couple of days ago.  I've tried it and it works.  Basically you can go only one level deep into related tables, and these are view only.  Editing of the related tables is not currently supported.  Also, you can not use the related tables to build queries.

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

And where would one find this download released a couple days ago?

Warren

0 Kudos
BrendaRahal1
New Contributor

Warren,

Go to ArcGIS Online and create a new Web AppBuilder app. Of course, the Web Map must use a geodatabase with related tables.

Brenda

0 Kudos