Deleting a member from ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
01-09-2015 08:07 AM
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to delete a member from ArcGIS Online. I am an administrator and I trying to delete a member that has left the company. I have changed ownership of all there items and groups, but it still will not allow me to delete them. It says 'Member must not own items or groups.' But I checked this and they have zero items or groups. What are I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor

I found out that it was that the user had a couple of folders, even though they were empty I couldn't delete them until they were removed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey Dustin,

did you try an contact ESRI support, which is part of your subscription. They might be able to do that for you.

Tim

0 Kudos
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor

I found out that it was that the user had a couple of folders, even though they were empty I couldn't delete them until they were removed.

NeillJobe
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Dustin, we're releasing a tool out on the ArcGIS Marketplace on Monday, January 12th called Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online that will quickly solve administrative tasks such as this and many many more. When you get a chance, please go out and take a look, try it out and let me know what you think.. We're talking a little bit about it here http://mapthis.net/

NeillJobe
Occasional Contributor II

The tool is available out on the ArcGIS Marketplace for those needing and easier way to do this.

Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online

Thanks,

Neill