Editable application in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
01-05-2015 07:54 AM
EvanMiller
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm trying to create an application in ArcGIS Online that is editable. There are specific templates that state you can edit editable layers within the application. I have created editable features and within a web map they are indeed editable, I have shared these layers and the web maps with my organization, and when I create the application and open it there is still no option to edit the feature.

Am I missing a step or overlooking something here? Is there a bug with ArcGIS Online currently that is messing with the edit function of their applications? I ask because in the configuration step of the Find, Edit, and Filter template there are no check boxes or formatting areas for any sort of editing to take place within the app, and a colleague of mine that has used the template before has said that she believes that something is missing.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Evan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EvanMiller
New Contributor

For reference, I found out the issue. It was one of those things that is so simple no one even thought to mention it to me or in other related posts. In the map layer's general overview page, in the Properties section there is a checkbox and radial buttons pertaining to editing. Although I had opened my layer up in an editable map and the layer was editable in the map, these boxes needed to be checked to have the layer be editable in an application.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

There are a few templates available in ArcGIS Online that allow you to edit your data including the Basic Viewer and Editor. As a test can you try replacing the existing web map id in both these urls with the web map id to your editable web map and see if you are able to edit your data.

http://www.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?webmap=1df512c380994cc5a3dad2e2d428eea3

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/Edit/index.html?webmap=1df512c380994cc5a3dad2e2d428eea3 

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Evan,

Find, Edit, Filter reads the properties of the layers in your web map to determine which layers are editable. If the layers have editing enabled, they should appear in the editing widget.

More help for this app is available here: Find, Edit, and Filter | ArcGIS for Local Government

-Allison

0 Kudos
EvanMiller
New Contributor

For reference, I found out the issue. It was one of those things that is so simple no one even thought to mention it to me or in other related posts. In the map layer's general overview page, in the Properties section there is a checkbox and radial buttons pertaining to editing. Although I had opened my layer up in an editable map and the layer was editable in the map, these boxes needed to be checked to have the layer be editable in an application.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos