editable ArcServer layers in AGOL

Jump to solution
12-31-2014 02:39 PM
AntonSizo
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I posted ArcServer layers to AGOL with Feature Access enabled. Unfortunately I do not have an "Edit" option at Map Viewer. Any idea how to make those layers editable?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Anton,

In order to edit layers from ArcGIS Server in a Web Map, it must be a feature service and not a map service. For more information about about ArcGIS Server Services as Layers in ArcGIS Online, take a look at the following documentation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anton,

Are you able to edit the feature service in Arcmap?

0 Kudos
AntonSizo
Occasional Contributor

Follow up. The edit option is available if data is added to the AGOL or Portal as a Feature Layer, not a Map Layer.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Anton,

In order to edit layers from ArcGIS Server in a Web Map, it must be a feature service and not a map service. For more information about about ArcGIS Server Services as Layers in ArcGIS Online, take a look at the following documentation.

0 Kudos
AntonSizo
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Yes, but unfortunately I did not find any documentation on how to publish specifically feature service (Feature Layer).

Here for 10.2 and here for 10.3 I saw options for how to publish a map service from ArcMap (assuming data is on ArcServer).

0 Kudos
AntonSizo
Occasional Contributor

Do I miss some documentation?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Anton,

Here is some documentation about publishing Feature Services in ArcGIS for Server:

Publishing Feature Services

Authouring Feature Services

Common Workflows with Feature Services

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
AntonSizo
Occasional Contributor

Actually, the documentation you named describe how to publish a Map Service with Feature Access. You will not end up with a Feature Layer in AGOL/Portal using those docs.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Anton,

To add the feature service to ArcGIS Online, using the publishing workflow, click the Sharing Tab in the service editor and select the sharing permissions desired in online. To use this workflow, you will need to be signed into ArcGIS Online and complete the tags and description portion of the Item Description Tab.

To manually add the feature service to ArcGIS Online, please follow the steps in this documentation

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos