Naming a TPK file when saving

12-29-2014 11:04 AM
KyleDunaway
New Contributor III

When creating a TPK file from exportTileCache, I can't set the name and get a random number string.

This makes it impossible to locate that TPK file again in the documents directory when I want to load it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertRayner1
New Contributor III

Have you tried File>Share As>Tile Package? You can choose to save it to disk from there rather than upload to AGOL. You don't get the Environment settings like you would with the exportTileCache though.

Also make sure that in Customize>ArcMap Options>Sharing Tab that you have Enabled ArcGIS Runtime Tools for that option to appear in the Share As menu.

0 Kudos
KyleDunaway
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

Thanks for the reply. 

Im actually doing this in objective-c on the iphone.

I exportTileCacheWithParameters from a URL.

On the phone itself, the tpk file is getting saved, but as 10RandomString.tpk, 1234567890.tpk

What im doing right now is going through the document path, finding the tok file, and renaming it. Seems to work for now.

0 Kudos
RobertRayner1
New Contributor III

Ooops my bad, just saw the question and didn't realize it was in an iOS SDK Developer 'place.' I've still got a ways to go before I understand how to use the GeoNet

0 Kudos
GagandeepSingh
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Kyle Dunaway‌,

In the completion handler you should be getting a AGSLocalTiledLayer object. You can use the "cachePath" property on that object to get the full path for the .tpk file. You can store that path for future reference or if you just need the filename, I am sure you can do a substring operation on the NSString (cachePath).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Gagan

0 Kudos