AnsweredAssumed Answered

Export to CAD features are not same size as in GIS

Question asked by housewren on Dec 23, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2017 by jer1234

I'm using ArcMap 10.2.2.  I have a line feature class that was originally created from a CAD drawing.  When I export this line feature class back to CAD, the .dwg has the wrong length for the lines when looked at in AutoCAD but not when looked at in GIS.

I am not sure if there is something in my workflow that is causing this, but here is what I do:  The original CAD is brought into ArcMap, georeferenced, and then the spatial reference that I work in is assigned to it.  Then I export it to geodatabase feature classes.  The line lengths of the original CAD drawing when looked at in AutoCAD are the same as the line lengths when looked at in ArcMAP, and the GISfeature class line lengths are the same as the original CAD drawing.  (Everythings good up to this point.)  However, when I use the Export to CAD tool, the resulting .dwg has line lengths that are much shorter (a 76' line becomes a 6') when looked at in AutoCAD (when looked at in GIS it is fine).  What am I doing wrong, or what should I be doing?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Outcomes