Portal and ArcGIS Pro

12-22-2014 03:24 PM
RyanMcClain
New Contributor II

I have recently created a Portal for ArcGIS and was looking to see if I could use ArcGIS Pro to publish to the portal. So I went in and opened Pro and then added the URL to my portal and signed in. However there are features (particularly 'Share as a Web Layer') that are greyed out and when hovering over it, it states: "This command is currently disabled. Must be signed into an ArcGIS organizational account that has either Publisher or Administrator privileges." I am an administrator for my Portal, and not sure is this just a ArcGIS.com thing only and not permitted in Portal, is this something that is being worked out or do I need to add licensing into my portal somehow to get it recognized as the licensing portal. Please let me know, THANK YOU!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Ryan,

You should be able to publish a web layer to your Portal for ArcGIS if:

• Your portal has a hosting server‌
  • You're signed in with credentials with publishing privileges (as you have)
  • You have set your portal as the active portal - is your portal set as the active portal?

Your portal does not need to be your ArcGIS Pro licensing portal/server in order to publish to it. You can still publish to Portal for ArcGIS when ArcGIS Online is your licensing server.

What version or Portal for ArcGIS are you using?

Thanks,

Joanne

0 Kudos