Basemap Gallery Update Issues

12-22-2014 01:40 PM
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

I noticed 3.12 came with some new basemaps. 

1.  Terrain with Labels draws on top of my layers I have added to the map.

2.  If I switch to USGS National Map, it doesn't load.  After a little bit of switching between maps, my layers disappear from my map entirely and can't turn them back on with checkbox.

Here is an older unsecured application this is happening on.  I noticed on a version 3.8 AMD application I have it happens as well.

Anyone else experiencing the issue?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
StevenGraf1

I suppose I need to update my apps to 3.12 release to get full support of the extra basemaps.  Is there a way to specify which arcgis basemaps we want to show?

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The USGS National map appears properly in the sample. As for your first question, is the problem that the labels are being drawn in front of your other layers? I noticed that happening in 3.11 also. This happens with the Oceans basemap too. Take a look at this example which shows the map's layers (including the basemap)

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

The USGS National Map doesn't work in my older applications.

For the first question, The labels, roads and water features seem to draw on top of my layers.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that happened in 3.11 and now in 3.12 (here‌).

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

I take it, it was designed that way?

I'm more worried about my layers disappearing and not being able to add them back in.  It takes a little effort to make this happen in my v3.8 application.  I will try and get it updated to 3.12 as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Steven

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If it was designed that way, it's a mistake, in my eyes. The labels are one thing, but the line and polygon features shouldn't be placed on top of your features.

I'm not sure what you mean about your layers disappearing, though.

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

Ya, I would see it as a mistake also.  I will try and reproduce the steps to make my layers disappear by switching basemaps and post back soon.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

What's happening is the basemap gallery widget is timing itself out when it requests the USGS National Map.  This causes all the layers that were in the map to disappear and I have to refresh the page to bring them back in.

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

Here is the error I am getting:

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://mysite.html' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://basemap.nationalmap.gov/arcgis/rest/services/USGSTopo/MapServer?f=json&callback=dojo.io.scrip...'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

The rest endpoint has an secured service but the basemap gallery is only pulling the unsecured service.  Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

0 Kudos