Vanishing attribute table fields

Jump to solution
12-23-2014 04:48 AM
PeterVancini
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm a GIS intern working at a municipality. I'm having a very odd problem with my student trial version of ArcGIS 10.2. I have a couple of feature classes whose attribute tables appear correctly in the ArcCatalog table preview, but when I attempt to work with them in ArcMap, several of the fields do not appear. They don't appear in the list under the 'Fields' tab in the Properties manager either. Turning on all fields doesn't work. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be happening or how to resolve this issue? I'm stumped.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peter,

Are you working with a particular map document?  If so, try adding the shapefile/feature class to a new map document and see if this behavior is reproducible.

Also, what type of data are you working with?  i.e. File Geodatabase Feature Class, SDE Feature Class, Shapefile

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peter,

Are you working with a particular map document?  If so, try adding the shapefile/feature class to a new map document and see if this behavior is reproducible.

Also, what type of data are you working with?  i.e. File Geodatabase Feature Class, SDE Feature Class, Shapefile

PeterVancini
New Contributor II

Hi, Jake. Thanks for your response.

I'm working with file geodatabase feature classes. Adding the feature class to a new map document seems to have solved the problem. Thank you for your help!