Need Help working with attachments (photos from the field) in ArcGIS Online and getting those photos local again

12-18-2014 07:33 AM
MichaelBaggett
New Contributor II

I have published a Feature Layer from ArcGIS Standard 10.2.2 to ArcGIS Online.  From there I created a Web Map and enabled attachments.   Next I performed field collection on a tablet using the Collector for ArcGIS App 10.2.7 build 1008.  Now I need to bring all of my field work back locally so I can join my field data back to the original data in my local File Geodatabase. 

In ArcGIS Online>My Content I selected the option to Open Data on ArcGIS Desktop from the small arrow beside my Feature Layer.  A file downloads to my local machine and I can launch that file which opens Arcgis Desktop with my field collected data in it.  I can use and see all of the attachments. 

Next I export one of the layers to the original local Geodatabase, so I can deliver to my client, but the exported data doesn't contain the attachments.  How do I download ArcGIS Online Data, for local use and keep all of the attachments I created while in the field?

Thanks for any information you can provide,

-Mike

1 Reply
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

From the "What's new in ArcGIS Online - December 2014" blog:

Extract Data now supports attachments and you can verify the expressions when calculating a field. For more information see Extract Data.

Extract your features that contain attachments to a file geodatabase.  I've tried it with attached photos.  It works.

0 Kudos