In which database the users\roles of the ArcGIS Server are stored?

Jump to solution
12-18-2014 04:43 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

In which database the users\roles of the ArcGIS Server are stored?

I couldn’t figure out where the users\roles of the ArcGIS Server are stored. This is important in case the users\roles are required to be copied from one machine to another in case of failure.

Clip_60.jpg

For example, the users\roles of the Geocortex are stored in the sdf file and can be copied from one machine to another.

Clip_61.jpg

Clip_62.jpg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jamal,

The users/roles are stored in the C:\arcgisserver\config-store\security directory.  However, I've never tried copying to another ArcGIS Server instance, so I'm not sure if that will work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jamal,

The users/roles are stored in the C:\arcgisserver\config-store\security directory.  However, I've never tried copying to another ArcGIS Server instance, so I'm not sure if that will work.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thank Andy and Jake for the help.

Copy\paste users\roles from a machine to another from the location indicated by Jake appears to work fine.

C:\arcgisserver\config-store\security\users

C:\arcgisserver\config-store\security\roles

C:\arcgisserver\config-store\security\user-roles

Clip_1287.jpg

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
AndyOmmen
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamal,

If you have a failure and need to retrieve your user/roles, I think your best bet would be to restore your site from a backup .agssite file. You can read more on how to properly back up and restore your site here in case you aren't familiar with this procedure. Many ArcGIS Server users take regular backups of their site by scheduling a task to run the backup utility on a regular basis. I would recommend doing this if you aren't already. I hope this helps.

Thanks

Andy