Looking for expertise with CityEngine

12-17-2014 11:33 AM
BrianMorton
New Contributor II

I am a researcher with the Center for Urban and Regional Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I am considering using CityEngine in a project (still in the planning and fundraising stages) that will investigate how to retrofit neighborhoods to increase their suitability to older adult residents. Please contact me if you have expertise with CityEngine and if you might be interested in this project. Brian J. Morton, Ph.D. Staff - Center for Urban and Regional Studies

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brian,

CityEngine is perfect for that project. I've notified a few people here who should contact you soon.

Chris Wilkins

0 Kudos
DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Brian,

This seems like an interesting project, and my inner planner definitely sees the potential for GIS and CityEngine to provide scenario building capabilities for such a project. If you are interested in transportation elements we recently released a complete streets example that might have some rules of interest when you start your project. The one I developed was the Complete_Street.CGA rule. It might help with some basic treatments like creating high visibility crosswalks, providing street trees, providing street furniture such as benches to provide places to sit, and represent many multimodal components for streets including bike lanes, buffers, bus lanes,medians, and on-street parking (with parklets).
If you want to look at streets closely in your project and want to use this rule, I am available to answer questions about it.

Project Link: http://bit.ly/Complete_Streets

Kind Regards,

David

Sample Renderings:

04.Complete_Streets_Birds_Eye.png05.Complete_Street_Corridor.png

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos
BrianMorton
New Contributor II

Hi David,

Thank you very much for apprising me of your Complete Streets example. I shall download it and explore it in detail.

Brian

0 Kudos