How can I find number of Licences in ArcGIS Administrator from arcobjects or any files?

12-17-2014 01:05 AM
tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, How can I find number of Licences in ArcGIS Administrator from arcobjects or any files?Because I want to control my Add-in application when executes in crack ArcMaps.I want to use or execute only licensed ArcMap's (orgina ArcMap's) my application.Is it posible control from licence number ?And can I find that number of Licences from arcobjects or any files?Licenses.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chenshif
New Contributor

Hi

Try this:

Open a command prompt as an administrator,

CD (change directory) to the location of the lmutil executable file in the ESRI installation folder.

run the command:

lmutil.exe lmstat -a -c <port_number>@<license_server> -i

For example:

lmutil.exe lmstat -a -c 27000@my_wonderful_server -i

Hope this helps

Chen

OpenLM license parser (FLEXlm/FLEXnet license files, debug log and more)

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

taner koka

Esri uses Flexera's FlexNet Publisher to license the program and extensions. Each activated "fulfillment" allowing use of the program or one of the extensions is recorded into FlexNet Publisher's encrypted TrustedStorage.

External to the ArcGIS development framework--you can review the Windows registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\License10.2

and determine a valid installation and what type--float (Concurrent) or Fixed (SingleUse).

And then look in the system's  C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\ folder for presence of an encrypted license repository for ArcGIS--titled ARCGIS_xxxxxxxx_tsf.data that holds licensing for either concurrent or single use seats.

Beyond that, the specifics are only exposed to Esri utilities built with FlexNet Publisher libraries.

To programmatically do this you need ArcObjects, through 10.1, it used to be

ILicenseInformation in conjunction with AoInitialize or IAoInitialize  with C++ or .NET but I am not sure where those functions have gotten to at 10.2 or now 10.3 release. Or if there is a Python link to the API.

Moving this thread over to the ArcObject SDK place in development, someone there will be more up to date.

Stuart

0 Kudos