AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop and Server

Question asked by srxicey on Dec 16, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 by srxicey

Does anyone else have issues with having both of these installed on the same server.  I had ArcGIS 10.2.1. for Desktop installed and had been running many python scripts for some geoprocessing.  All geoprocessors were working without issues until I installed ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Server.  Now all of the geoprocessors that were running prior no longer work.  Is there something I need to modify in the python scripts to allow them to function on a server with both of these installed?

For example I have a python script that drops fields from many feature classes (arcpy.DeleteField_management).  When I run it from my server with both installed it fails with the following.

"Failed to execute.  Parameters are not valid.

ERROR 000732: Input Table: "TableName" does not exist or is not supported."

If I copy the python script and sde data connection file to another server with only ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop installed it works without issue.  I also have another python script that uses the following:

fcList = arcpy.ListFeatureClasses()

for fc in fcList:

It throws the error:

TypeError: 'Nonetype' object is not iterable.

Again though I can copy the sde connection file and python to another server with only ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop installed and everything works properly.  I have also replicated the python failures on another server that has both installed.

Outcomes