AGSRuntimeSDKiOSv10.2 + SDK do not work if deployment target is ios6.

12-15-2014 11:40 AM
PritiBose
New Contributor II

iPad app.

i downloaded recent SDK AGSRuntimeSDKiOSv10.2.4 and notice that it not building on my app since my deployment target is ios6.

i then check almost all version of AGS SDK from AGSRuntimeSDKiOSv10.2 and above , from version 2.2 we can not used AGS SDK if deployment target is IOS6...

(Above SDK not building as it uses API from ios 7 onwards so it fails if deployment target is IOS6)

AGSRuntimeSDKiOSv10.1.1 crash on ios6 as deployment target , work well on latest ios8.

what need to be done......

3 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of XCode, and what version of Apple's iOS SDK are you using to build your app? what error do you get when it fails?

I am able to build & deploy many of the runtime sdk samples on iOS 6 using v10.2.4 of the Runtime SDK, XCode 5.1, and Apple's iOS SDK 7.1

0 Kudos
PritiBose
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

my XCode ver:   6.1.1, IOS - 8.1.1

but my deployment target is IOS 6.

i can only use AGS-IOS 10.1.1 since my deployment target is IOS6, build fail with link error with AGS-IOS 10.2 (any version from 10.2 +) since Esri uses IOS 7 Apis. so i have to stick to ver 10.1.1/10.1.1-u2.

with above setting and if server side GIS version is 10.04 (i tested) GIS on iPad App works great on IOS 6/IOS8 as deployment target.

but if server side GIS ver 10.22(client having) on IOS 6 as deployment target it crash with below message:

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type Esri_runtimecore::Geometry::Geometry_exception: std::exception

I literally tried all stuff to catch error but all in vain.

if i change my deployment target to IOS 8 it works fine.

0 Kudos
PritiBose
New Contributor II

you should not be able to build App with v10.2.4 & deployment target as IOS6. since Esri uses APIs from IOS 7 and it clearly mention it supports IOS7 (or higher version).

as i get linking error as those APIs from latest IOS not available in IOS6. it is available from IOS 7. i tried that also to make visible kind of back compatibility but not possible.

Please let me know how u can build v10.2.4 with IOS6 as deployment target.

0 Kudos