AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can i use the ArcGIS WebApp-Builder

Question asked by Landratsamt_Roth on Dec 15, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 by jun_wu_1776

Dear ESRI - Community,

i am using the ESRI ArcGIS-Software since 2006 and the Flex Viewer for ArcGIS since the last few months. Now i want to use the WebApp Builder to builed and publish maps for our organization and to share it with the public. I read alot about the new WebApp Builder and also saw a live demonstration during a ESRI User Conference held in germany. It looked so simple.....

The problem we have - where do we find the WebApp Builder platform - the site where you can create your applications and which settings or further user-accounts (named users) must be created. We log in with ourn account (organizational account) via http://www.arcgis.com/home/.

After log in we see our log in name in the upper right corner. There we can go to "MyEsri". Within the "MyEsri" Section there is a tab called "Own Organization". If we choose this chapter we can see details about licensing etc. Within this licencing tab there is a section "WebGIS". If we choose the section "WebGIS" there is this "Named User Management" and within a table are some information to our product:

1st. row: ArcGIS for Server Workgroup Standard with Date and Available. Second row: EndDate. Third row: Available: 5 (5 What?). In the last is written "allocate". Presently there is a 0. What does this WebGis section mean? What happens if we press Generate Authorization (Authorization for whom?)

If we try to enter the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  the login name automatically changes to "user" and a tutorial page about the Web AppBuilder will open.

Is there another login required to finally use the Web AppBuilder? Also is there a link where i can see if we have permission to use the Web AppBuilder? There is alot of confusion and open question when trying to use the Web AppBuilder. Is there a correlation between this WebGIS Tab with the Named User Management and the authorization of using the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS?

I hope someone can help me and clearify the fog. I am owerwhelmed by the varity of ESRI´s websites.

Hope to get some feedback soon,

thanks in advance,

T.

Outcomes