App builder publish to public issues

12-11-2014 11:56 AM
stefanlivingston2
New Contributor III

I created an web app through the app builder and I am trying to publish it so anyone with the link can view it (i.e. any computer), but when I click on the link, it asks for my organization credentials...anyway to make the app public or download the app and put on a seperate website?

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephan,

When you deploy your app yo need to authorize your app. This is explained in the "Deploy the App" section of the help.

http://localhost:3344/webappbuilder/help/#/Deploy_app/03w30000004v000000/

0 Kudos
stefanlivingston2
New Contributor III

Link does not work.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stefan,

OK go to your machine that has WAB Developer version installed and use the link provided.

0 Kudos
stefanlivingston2
New Contributor III

Ok. I am at the point where "

1. Replace all content in config.json file by using the app's item data in ArcGIS Online. Make sure your app is a public item. The URL pattern to access the app's item data is:www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/<itemid>/data?f=pjson or <orgkey>.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/<itemid>/data?f=pjson."

Where would I find the ITEMID if I am still within my organization.

DavidMcMillan1
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue when I use the Web AppBuilder for my web application.  I have an organizational account and have made the same public for a few months now. All of a sudden I am seeing this issue when I click on the map it asks for my credentials.

Not sure if it is a bug on esri's side.

KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone solve this issue? I have the same problem. I created an App using WebApp Builder (organizational account) and shared it with everyone. However, it always ask for login and password to  access my App.

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

Do you have any of ESRI ArcGIS online premium content in your application, if you have something like routing then an organizational account is needed with logon credentials.

KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for you answer. Yes, I have premium content in my application. Now I know that I should remove these layers from my application.