Question

12-09-2014 01:32 PM
LucyCourchaine
New Contributor II

I am learning from the trial version,  is the lot min area and lot max area in acres?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

All units in CE are meters, so

Length = meters

Area = meters squared

Volumes = meters cubed

Hooray for metric. Down with the dark side.

BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III

What about if your coord system is 'Raw data in feet' or another non-metric system?

LucyCourchaine
New Contributor II

Ben,

I assume that the coord system that i am importing is adjusting to the metric system when i import it.  But to answer your question the raw data that I work with is in feet and acres, not meters.

Thanks

LucyCourchaine
New Contributor II

Thanks,

Is there a way to change the default through preferences or something to feet and acres?

BenLeslie1

I don't know about preference settings but if you're running the subdivision tool you can do that via python and build in a conversion factor.

LucyCourchaine
New Contributor II

Ok, I haven't gotten to that tutorial yet so I will investigate. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler

Hey ..

There's no way to way to set different main units. Meters it is.

CGA is also meter based, e.g. extrude(1) extrudes 1 meter.

I highly recommend to use both CGA and Python only to convert attributes to meters and then work metric.

Cheers!

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

---------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
LucyCourchaine
New Contributor II

Ok, thank you

0 Kudos
LucyCourchaine
New Contributor II

Oh, i have another question, do you know if I can add geo location information to a print screen jpeg?  when i imported an aerial, it was not geo located, then imported a shapefile that was City Engine said they were to far apart.  How can I resolve that?

0 Kudos