How to set mouse transparency for FeatureLayer?

12-05-2014 03:14 AM
GeneralFailure
New Contributor II

In my javascript project with arcgis map i'm shows several layers, that processes events mouse-overand mouse-out.

Where new layer adds, it's cover other layers and intercepts mouse events, although it is not subscribed to they and hasn't event handlers.

Visual covering i decided by new layer opacity. But i don't know how set transparency for mouse events to new layer.

I need to disable mouse events intercepting for new layer, and that other layers can process they.

Calling method newLayer.disableMouseEvents don't help.

Is perhaps to set mouse transparency for FeatureLayer or other layer types? Only thought is throwing mouse events from new layer to other layers in some way.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you post your code showing how you are adding the mouse-over and mouse-out events to the initial layers?

0 Kudos
HeikoHeijenga
Esri Contributor

I don't think this is supported by the JS API. You can however get what you want by setting the CSS property pointer-events: none on the layers that cover the layer(s) on which you want the mouse-over event to do something. See demo here Pointer events on layer - JSFiddle

0 Kudos