Can I change the authentication type of ArcGIS Server after federation from Portal for ArcGIS to ArcGIS_Server and still be able to publish services from Portal for ArcGIS ?? for now I am gettin token not valid publish failed.

12-02-2014 11:14 AM
KareemMorsy
New Contributor

I am using Portal for ArcGIS 10.2.1 and ArcGIS Server 10.2.1. Everything works perfect when they are federated and ArcGIS Server as a hosting server. I can publish map sevices from Portal for ARcGIS to ArcGIS Server. and I access ArcGIS Map services through portal token.

But there is a requirement to use the ArcGIS Map services without any token so I went to the admin/security/config and i have changed it to GIS_Server which works fine from this side  , but i tried to publish a shape file as a feature service from Portal for ArcGIS and i got failed to decrypt token . publishing failed.

Can anybody help resolving that ?

Thanks

Kareem

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshHevenor1
New Contributor III

If you want to publish via portal then you'll need to have a hosting server.  If you want access to the layer without a token then you should share it to everyone. 

0 Kudos
MarkBierman
New Contributor II

If your intention is share content without token based authentication I agree with the above recommendation.  Rather then make changes to the authentication method you would just need to change the items sharing to everybody instead of only members of the portal, groups or other members.  

0 Kudos