ArcGIS trial error

12-01-2014 09:37 AM
ClaudiaCaceres
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to install an ArcGIS trial from the ESRI website. I follow all the steps including the license sent through email but I still get an error it doesn´t recognize the license. Can someone help me please!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Claudia Caceres

Any reason you chose to use the off-line license via email rather than on-line authorization?

It will work, but is one extra layer of complexity in getting the Single Use trial license authorized.

Suggest you rerun and use the "authorize now via the internet" option of the Authorization Wizard (run from the Windows Start menu: ArcGIS Administrator --> Desktop --> Authorize Now... button).

Instructions are in this link: Authorizing ArcGIS Desktop‌  -- follow the single use section not the concurrent use section, the License Manager should not be installed for Single Use trial software.

Post back if still stuck, or that is unclear.

Stuart

0 Kudos
ClaudiaCaceres
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I did try the online verification option too. I followed all the steps in the link and the same error.

Error ArcGIS.png

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Claudia,

Hmmm,  so you made a note of the EVA123456789 assigned to you when signing up for the trial.  Or you should have received the code in an email to valid email account you associated with your Esri user account, but that has been hit or miss for folks.

Then when you enter that exact EVA code, while running the authorization wizard--from ArcGIS Administrator --> Desktop with radio button selecting a Single Use, Advanced (ArcInfo) seat-- if you select the "authorize now via the internet", your system should exchnage TLS (https) packets with Esri Redlands servers.

You'll need to be connected to the internet and not have any firewall blocking https packetsTCP port 443.  Might need to disable your firewall or allow a firewall exception for--C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin\SoftwareAuthorization.exe

An anti-virus could be interfering, Avast and AVG have had problems here for folks.

If all good, about 15 "exchanges" one for each component being authorized/activated.  At the end of that exchange you should see an authorization completion notice.

Stuart

0 Kudos