Snapping will not work Arc 10.1

Jump to solution
12-01-2014 08:06 AM
TinaKwitkoski
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I just started a new job and I have never had issues with snapping before. The first time digitizing here, and snapping will not work at all. I have searched the forums, suggestions to use the classic snapping does not work either. Any other ideas out there? I have to georeference 10+ items today and need the snapping environment to work!! Frusterated user this morning..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III

You may have done this, but since you didn't mention it specifically, have you checked the Snapping toolbar to see what snapping options are checked? In particular, in the dropdown arrow, make sure Use Snapping is checked. You can also go to Options on the same dropdown and choose to snap to basemap or feature service layers as well.

You also mention you're georeferencing. Snapping doesn't work on the image file itself, only Arc features (lines, polygons, points, etc). Again, you probably know this, just thought I'd mention it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III

You may have done this, but since you didn't mention it specifically, have you checked the Snapping toolbar to see what snapping options are checked? In particular, in the dropdown arrow, make sure Use Snapping is checked. You can also go to Options on the same dropdown and choose to snap to basemap or feature service layers as well.

You also mention you're georeferencing. Snapping doesn't work on the image file itself, only Arc features (lines, polygons, points, etc). Again, you probably know this, just thought I'd mention it.