Tracking the users of map services published by ArcGIS Server

12-01-2014 12:20 AM
HaniDraidi
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Is there a way to track clients who are using a service published by ArcGIS Server and get some information about him/her like IP address, machine name, and how much time he/she used the service?

Any help is appreciated

Thank you and Best Regards,

Hani

12 Replies
MohammedKhamis
New Contributor II

Also I want to ask this question .

thanks to help us

0 Kudos
larryzhang
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, you can.

Refer to Python code 'Derive map service statistics from the ArcGIS Server logs' at ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) , which need the role as 'Publisher', at least.

0 Kudos
MohammedKhamis
New Contributor II

Dear larry ,

thanks for your answer .

Actually I have Question: I don't found username in report , please see in attached , why ? what is problem for that ?

And also I used python code but no results !! I found this massage , see on the attached ..

Thanks for helping .

Regards

0 Kudos
larryzhang

An easy way for you to collect statistics as follows, if not often using Python:

1. Login via REST as Admin;

2. And then get access;

http://[address]:6080/arcgis/admin/services/[gisservice.MapServer_or_ImageServer]/statistics

For get usernames who access, your services should be secured and accessable only to login users. Otherwise, usernames will be empty...

0 Kudos
MohammedKhamis
New Contributor II

larry,

I did that link , and my services are secured .
but when you enter http://localhost:6080/arcgis/admin/logs/query  , username is empty as you show on the attached

I dont know why ??

0 Kudos
larryzhang
0 Kudos
HaniDraidi

Many thanks Larry for your prompt response,

I accessed the statistics page, but the information provided by the page does not include the IP address or the machine name of the client. (Attached)

I can access the page for non-secured services

Clip_851.jpg

0 Kudos
larryzhang

To collect the info of clients' IP or PC ID, it would be nice request. Not sure if ESRI server team is aware of this need, in operation.

However, you can find out a solution via other ways like Remote IP TrackerTM

0 Kudos
HaniDraidi

Many Thanks Larry