Filtering a map service according a value in a particular field,

11-27-2014 10:44 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Filtering a map service according a value in a particular field,

I have a layer that contains all Urban Master Plans (UMPs) for all municipalities across the country. This layer is published as a map service. Now, how can a municipality stick only its UMP in its web mapping application by filtering the map service according to a value in the “ZoneCommunityName” field?.

Clip_1160.jpg

Clip_1161.jpg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Jamal,

You do not mention what your are trying to put the layer into, but mapserivces support queries (like using a definition query in arcmap). See the help here:

ArcGIS REST API

example:

Query states

I think if your are wanting to do this in arcmap you have to add the layer as a feature service not a map service. On a feature service you can set up a normal definition query.

Regards

Anthony

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks Anthony for the input,

The destination of the map service of the UMPs is web mapping applications of municipalities. As all UMPs across the country are published in ONE map service (about 100,000 features), then Municipality A, for example, should be able to filter the entire service to obtain the UMP that corresponds to Municipality A only.

Clip_1164.jpg

How filtering the UMPs service can affect only the one added to a particular mapping application? For example, I need to filter the UMPs service to obtain the UMP for municipality A and then other municipality should be able to filter the UMPs service to obtain the UMP for municipality B and so forth.

Is that possible?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos