We are trying to get an ArcGIS Javascript map running with secured services. We wish to manage the authentication separately

11-25-2014 09:43 AM
caseycupp
New Contributor III

We are trying to get an ArcGIS Javascript map running with secured services.

We wish to manage the authentication separately, Once a user is logged into our system, they should not be presented with any authentication prompts.

With the Silverlight API we simply added a Token to the Layer.

We are having difficulties with the Javascript API.

Please refer to this URL for a sample : http://jsfiddle.net/caseycupp/4f34s5ct/6/

// Test 1 - Adding unsecured service : This works. I'm adding one layer to the map and the legend.

// Test 2 - Testing service with token : If I comment line 77 and uncomment line 79 to try to add a Secure Layer instantiated with a token to the legend. The layer is added to the map but not the legend

// Test 3 - Testing service with token : If I revert to Test 1(uncomment line 77 and comment 79) and then uncomment the section from 50-57 the credential object never gets added to the layer. (as you can see the alert fails)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Instead of adding the logic to get a token to your javascript app you should setup and use the proxy pages provided in the following github repo.  This code takes care of generating a token if needed and appending it to the layers.

Esri/resource-proxy · GitHub

caseycupp
New Contributor III

Thank you very much Kelly!

0 Kudos