Track map services

Jump to solution
11-24-2014 06:27 AM
KeisukeNozaki
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to track who or how many visited map services through REST?

Google Analytics seems to work only on the web application level.

I have ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2.

Thank you.

Keisuke

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyOmmen
Esri Contributor

Hi Keisuke,

If you have secure services you can set your log level to Info and then view the User Name field in the log file to see who was accessing the service. From there you could perform a simple query to see how many times the service was accessed over a time range. With un-secured services I'm not sure this would be possible b/c the client is not going to be prompted to enter credentials to be authorized on AGS. If you haven't already, this help topic describes the different log levels and the properties you can configure. I hope this helps.

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndyOmmen
Esri Contributor

Hi Keisuke,

If you have secure services you can set your log level to Info and then view the User Name field in the log file to see who was accessing the service. From there you could perform a simple query to see how many times the service was accessed over a time range. With un-secured services I'm not sure this would be possible b/c the client is not going to be prompted to enter credentials to be authorized on AGS. If you haven't already, this help topic describes the different log levels and the properties you can configure. I hope this helps.

Andy

0 Kudos