AnsweredAssumed Answered

Walkability Network

Question asked by salmanseahmed on Nov 21, 2014
Latest reply on May 5, 2017 by Holisticbynature

I want to create a walkability network for the city of Dortmund such that it includes all the line features that are walkable like footways, pedestrian streets etc. I downloaded OSM shape file from Geofarbrik website and now I see that there are a lot of inconsistencies in the roads data. Lots of streets are not classified as highway or footway or anything. Lots of footways are not present at all. Names of streets are missing and many more things like that. Now ofcourse I am aware that this is a consequence of using open source data and we have to deal with such inconsistencies that are a part of publicly sourced data almost always. But I just need to know if there is a better way to create a such a walkability network which could achieve some standard of accuracy rather than now editing all of the data by myself by adding or correcting all walkable polylines in this network using may be google maps or something to see if there is actually a footway in a particular street or not or if its walkable or not. That is gonna be one **** of a work. Phew!

Outcomes