How do I get a web map ID for printing?

Jump to solution
11-21-2014 09:08 AM
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I have an application that uses mutlitple layers, a dynamic layer, a tiled map service, and soon a feature layer from a feature service as which are published on our own ArcGIS Server. I need to know how I determine the web map Id for the Print webmap located here: Print webmap | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

That particular sample works with a web map from ArcGIS Online. You are working with your own services so you don't need the id. You'll just create your map as usual then add the print code logic from the sample you mentioned.

Here's another sample you can also look at that does not use a web map from ArcGIS Online:

Print | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

That particular sample works with a web map from ArcGIS Online. You are working with your own services so you don't need the id. You'll just create your map as usual then add the print code logic from the sample you mentioned.

Here's another sample you can also look at that does not use a web map from ArcGIS Online:

Print | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

DaveTimmins
Occasional Contributor II

If the services are in a webmap then you will already have it when loading the map, if not then you'll need to author it on either portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online. Then if you view the webmap details you will see the I'd in the URL and you can use that.

If you aren't using a webmap though then you can use the print task Print | ArcGIS API for JavaScript