Leader lines disappear at plot or export of map

11-21-2014 12:41 AM
ChristopherKmen
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have some problems with my annotation leader lines. When I plot or export the map, parts of the leader lines disappear. Even in places where no other objects are nearby, so nothing is covering up any part of the line. Any ideas?

Thanks Chris

2 Replies
Tim_StærkFendrich1
New Contributor II

Hi Chris,

This is an old question, but did you ever get a solution to the problem?

We have discovered the same problem with annotation leader lines. At first It seems to be fixed when you delete the annotation layer and add the featureclass again, but only for a while, then the error is back.

The annotation layer was in a group layer. When the annotation is moved out of the group-layer to the "root" of the layers in the table of contents, the leader lines are exported/plotted correctly. So I guess it's a workaround.

Best regards,

/Tim

deleted-user-5BRpeMtjqhS6
New Contributor II

Chris,

I'm using 10.3.1 and am also having this issue.  Tim's suggested workaround works in my case.  It's unfortunate that this has to be implemented, as the group layer structure of the MXD(s) that we use are heavily dependent on layers being in groups (the groups get toggled on and off within a Script).  

Are there any known solutions to this beyond 10.3.1?  

Cheers,

Ken

Update: 2018.12.04

This solution was working when I simply moved the layers out of and above the group layer it was in.  The solution stopped working, but I have been able to get it to work by moving the layer to the very top of the table-of-contents.  

0 Kudos