how do you hide or move the zoom in zoom out buttons

Jump to solution
11-20-2014 07:51 AM
deleted-user-Pi5x1UjkS2PY
New Contributor II

I'm sure this is easy but I just want to move the plus and minus buttons to the bottom of the page or in my subheader if I can line them up horizontally instead of vertically.  What options do I have with regards to moving and hiding them.  I can't find anything like the locate button for them. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

When you init the map object you can use "sliderOrientation" option and set it to horizontal. In the maps options is also where you can hide the slider. The sliders position is also an option on the map object "sliderPosition"

Position of the zoom slider within the map control. Valid values are: "top-left", "top-right", "bottom-left", "bottom-right".

Now doing this stuff at runtime would involve changing the map_zoom_slider classes

div id="map_zoom_slider" class="esriSimpleSlider esriSimpleSliderHorizontal esriSimpleSliderTL"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

When you init the map object you can use "sliderOrientation" option and set it to horizontal. In the maps options is also where you can hide the slider. The sliders position is also an option on the map object "sliderPosition"

Position of the zoom slider within the map control. Valid values are: "top-left", "top-right", "bottom-left", "bottom-right".

Now doing this stuff at runtime would involve changing the map_zoom_slider classes

div id="map_zoom_slider" class="esriSimpleSlider esriSimpleSliderHorizontal esriSimpleSliderTL"

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Pi5x1UjkS2PY
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help Robert.  This lead me in the right direction.

I ended up using this below.

map = new Map("map", {

center: [-98.258, 38.236],

zoom: 4,

sliderPosition: "top-right",

basemap: "streets"

});

0 Kudos