How to resolve problem with overlapping watermarks/references?

Jump to solution
11-20-2014 06:33 AM
DavidJones
New Contributor

I'm using 2 streaming data sources in a map.  One is the streets layer from ArcGIS online and the other is Google aerials from Arc2Earth.  Unfortunately in the lower right corner of my map view the two data sources place their references on top of each other.  Is there a way to tweak the location of these references so that they don't obstruct each other?

problem.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

In layout view you could insert Credits dynamic text and then edit the position and properties of that. When you have Credits dynamic text on the layout the ArcMap data frame credits text/watermark is hidden.

To insert Credits dynamic text go to the Insert menu, Dynamic Text, Service Layer Credits. This is only available in layout view. I don't know of anything you could do in data view.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

In layout view you could insert Credits dynamic text and then edit the position and properties of that. When you have Credits dynamic text on the layout the ArcMap data frame credits text/watermark is hidden.

To insert Credits dynamic text go to the Insert menu, Dynamic Text, Service Layer Credits. This is only available in layout view. I don't know of anything you could do in data view.

0 Kudos
DavidJones
New Contributor

Thank you very much David.  That worked perfectly.  I didn't realize that adding the dynamic text would hide the other credit text.

0 Kudos